Sunday 26 March 2017

Scarlett Ribands

I finally got my Scarlett Ribands cross stitch back from the framer on Friday. After some concerns about a few wrinkles, I am thrilled with how it turned out. I plan to hang it above my bed, but it may just stay in the lounge room for a while so I can show it off!

 

Surprisingly difficult to photograph it without reflections, but I think you can get the idea. 

I am still knitting socks and quilting my Doing the Rounds quilt. I have one corner left to go so it should be finished soon. A few ideas for the next quilt floating around, possibly red and white, or blue and white. I'm concerned I will find them boring to work on after a while, but I do love the end results. Red and White Quilts - Infinite Variety is probably my favorite book.

Work and family have been busy. My second son has turned 18 and is well into his final year at school, and we're wondering where life might lead us next. Hopefully I can get back  to posting on my blog a bit more regularly. I do still cruise around your blogs, just not so much commenting these days. I'm Thimblestitch1 on Instagram if you have it, not so many words but more pictures.

Hope you're well and finding lots of spare moments to be creative.

Susan x

19 comments:

  1. Congratulations Susan, Scarlett Ribands is just gorgeous! Definetly deserves to be shown off in your lounge room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful. Deserves to be shown off. Lovely to read your post xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always enjoy reading your blog - Scarlett Ribands is stunning! Lovely to see it framed - and inspiring. I'm doing one similar though I haven't touched it for a long time - must get back to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cross stitch.....I have a beatiful native bouquet cross stitch above my bed......
    I do hope you continue to blog......
    The kids growing up fast...... At the same point as you......

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks wonderful in that frame. It definitely deserves to be shown off in your lounge for a time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just. Beautiful piece. Great job!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks wonderful! Beautifully framed. I'd be showing it off if it was mine :0) I made a red and white quilt once and used many different red fabrics with a solid white background. I found using a variety of reds kept it interesting enough for me and if you keep the tone of the red/blue the same I think you still get that 2 color quilt effect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This. Is. Stunning! You must be over the moon. What a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a true heirloom Susan! There are so many lovely motifs on this piece and I love the red on cream perfection. All the best with your quilting finish and looking forward to seeing what you come up with next. I'm sure you won't be bored if you work in colours you love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your cross stitch is just amazing... what a lot of work
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. I always like Samplers worked in one colour.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful. I hope you put it in a very prominent place in your home for everyone to see.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Susan, this is absolutely gorgeous - many hours of work nI know - leave it out for all to see.
    I hope Son #2 ends up in the same general (geographical) area as you - or at least the same as Son #1

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cross stitch is beautiful Susan, definitely a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning Stitchery! What an instant heirloom.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cross stitch is GORGEOUS Susan, I would be leaving it in the lounge for ever to show off!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Susan your work is so lovely. It's good to show it off for a while . Why not? certainly worth showing I would say

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...